6.04.2012

what I wore + a baby shower.

 A few days after Kirsty threw her dear friend that baby shower from this post, I got to see all the cute creations in person and it inspired me. I have never really been a fan of baby showers...so when I had the chance to throw a shower for one of my friends...I thought what a better way to welcome this second little one than with sweet friends and some creative projects instead of testing candy bars inside diapers. {no offense to you if you love baby showers..I'm just slightly awkward playing games with people I barely know}



I did a little handmade banner with the new babe's name: Sydney

Since this is the momma's second kid (but different gender) we opted for no gifts at all and just had friends and family pitch in a few bucks to cover the costs of material. We had fabrics available for applique onesies and also fabrics for elastic flower headbands.

The only thing we did differently from Kirsty's shower, is we bought the steam-a-seam by the yard instead of in a package which saved money and gave us a little more flexibility with how much of each fabric we wanted.


check back for a DIY on the flower headbands, super easy to make!

My co-worker and I threw the shower for our friend and her mom was kind enough to host the brunch event at her lovely home in the burbs. We kept the menu fairly simple with some mini-quiches, yogurt parfaits, pioneer woman's scrumptious cinnamon rolls, fruit kabobs, cupcakes, and a super tasty baked brie dip. Her mom made up some extra special recipe for strawberry lemonade and of course mimosas.


picture at the top left is the momma to be with her sweet mom, who hosted us.

And finally, what I (we) wore. I snagged my dear friend Michelle to be in the picture with me (bonus, she just happened to be wearing Lucia K.) 


on her: black tee {via}, spring skirt {via}, sandals {via}, and of course, Lucia K. necklace
on me: cream top {via}, black lace shorts, flats {via}, and earrings {via} and I should note, I am also
sporting the chunky bracelet that kirsty made for my wedding day... check it out here


Happy showering!

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment