3.20.2018

DIY and Dash. Tassel Shoes




Tassel Shoe DIY.  Well consider this less of an actual DIY and more of an inspiration to get those creative juices flowing...


Most of the time motivation comes to me at the last minute.  I will have actually be thinking about said action well before, but I don't seem to take action until game time.

Which is why a hot glue gun always comes in handy.

20 mins till we need to leave and my entire look was centered on tasseled shoes that hadn't happened yet.  Which is why there was no time for DIY documentation you see?







Couple things about embellishing shoes

1.  Do it!  Right now there is so much fun to be had with fur, tassels, ribbons, leather, flowers...  I like to keep a fun glass container on my desk filled with all of my favorite notions I have gathered.  Sometimes it's a piece of an old purse (Goodwill is a treasure trove!) or a strip of lace, obviously lots of ribbon and tassels.  That way inspiration can strike at any time.  Finding the right trim is often the hardest part.

2.  This is the best way to jazz up old shoes, or new shoes.  Find inspiration in of the moment designer shoe trends.  But start with a price tag from Target, or Nordstrom Rack or Sole Society.

3.  Hot glue on leather (not suede) is the best way to go bc it sticks but it's also reversible.  Otherwise sewing is necessary, and get your toughness on because your fingers are going to have to push hard.

4.  Make sure that when you are adding embellishments it's not load bearing (or is it baring?)  In this case with my strappy shoes, I simply added an extra strap a bit higher than the toe strap.  And I kept it a tad loose because you don't want blisters.  This way the original straps are doing their job, the one I added is just for show.

5.  If you really want the DIY details, send me an email.  And to get your creative juices flowing...

Here is a tassel DIY to get you inspired.

Here are loads of good Pompom DIYs

Some great basic shoes to start with (click on image for shopping details)...









more inspo, I LOVE the rainbow grosgrain heels on those espadrilles, and in case you want to just want to buy a party for your feet, here you go...






Happy Tuesday Shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment