1.30.2020

Make Glorious Amazing Stupendous Mistakes This Year.

Our Theme For 2020.


"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.

Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing the world.  You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, You're Doing Something.

So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself.  Make New Mistakes.  Make Glorious, Amazing Mistakes.  Make mistakes nobody has made before.  Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is:  art, or love, or work, or family or life.

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, DO IT.


Make you mistakes, next year and forever."  ~Neil Gaiman.






Why does this year feel so significant?  Is it the changing of the decade?  The fact that my kids stayed up till midnight while Nick and I went to bed?  The greater divide that is happening in our communities, our country?  Or that we frankly have access to infinite possibilities and the knowledge of what is happening...to our environment, our people, our bodies (seriously Why do I google those ailments?!).  and just about anything can show up at our doorstep in under an hour?  equal parts amazing and disgusting. 

My kids are taking note.  And for some reason they see mistakes as failure.  They don't want to fail, truthfully who does?  It's a smack to our pride and our hearts.  What seems to be getting lost is the trying.  They assume if they aren't good at something, they just won't ever be good at it.  So this starts with Nick and I, what are we modeling to our children?  What ways will I make mistakes this year, and how can I be way more transparent about the process to my children.  

Make Mistakes.  This is our theme this year in our household.   I definitely don't want perfection, nor can I even achieve it anyway.  Making mistakes means listening to our dreams and taking risks, getting outside of our comfort zones.  And then honoring those mistakes - what can I change for the next round?  Do I need to apologize and make something right?  Work harder?  Listen closer?  Simply try again?  Being Intentional.





Here's to 2020.  oh, and also addressing this hair situation.  That will come in time.

dress // The OdellsI won it
jacket // HoboMy Christmas Present
boots // Frye via BloomingdalesMy Splurge - PSA - watch the Bloomies Friends and Family Sale, it often includes Frye.
eye glasses // Eye EyeGifted
scarf // old


thank you for reading 

best,
kirsty




1 comment:

  1. NIAGARA FALLS -- The three-mile path stretching along the bank of the Niagara River from the Grand Island Bridge to Niagara Reservation State Park was officially opened Wednesday Cheap Cigarettes Free Shipping, as part of a years-long effort to make the waterfront more accessible to users.

    ReplyDelete