6.08.2016

Sparkling and Spiked Rosemary Lemonade: Kirsty's cocktails



As the weather heats up and BBQ's are a plenty, it's time to break out the Sparkling Rosemary Lemonade, it's a wonderful addition to any gathering, and it's even better spiked...

And a gathering can be just me, myself and I.

Because when you need to beat the heat, and toast yourself to a day well-lived, or even just lived, this is in my go-to rotation.

This little hostess gift was featured on Glitter Guide, it's a pinterest favorite when the sun comes out.  I wonder how many people have made this over the years, or been given this gift??  Love that thought.


I have updated my recipe a tad because I am super into macerating fruit now.  Gosh that sounds almost inappropriate.  Here me out, by macerating the lemons instead of heating you keep the fresh vibrant lemon taste and lose the lemon drop candy taste that happens with simple syrup, and I don't strain it because we like the pulp.

Fiber not Fly Wings.

So its a preference really.

No judging.

Here's how you macerate.  Oh man.
1.  The ratio is about 1lb lemons to 1/2sugar.
2.  Zest 1 lemon, and using a citrus reamer juice about 4 (I like the hand reamer because you can get all the yummy pulp too.)
3.  Mix zest and juice with 1/2cup sugar and a couple sprigs rosemary, leave them whole so you can pull them out when done.
4.  Let sit on counter for at least 30 mins, stirring occasionally.  Eventually all the sugar will dissolve,  it's ready.
5.  Use or store in fridge, up to a few days.

Use this in place of your simple syrup.  You can adjust based on your sugar preferences.

1 part Vodka
1 part Macerated Lemons or Simple Syrup (more or less depending on sweet tooth)
2 parts Sparkling Water or Club soda.
Garnish with Lemon Wedge and a big ol twig of Rosemary!  Trust me.   Or at least a sprig.

Disclaimer:  A slight source of frustration for my darling sister-in-law, I am not a recipe follower, I am a winger.  So just do this and see.  Hey it's always a work in progress and requires lots of taste-testing.  That's a good thing.

Please comment what you think and changes you made.

Cheers!
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment