4.26.2017

Embellished Military Jacket. My New Uniform

First a woohoo!  because this entire outfit is on serious sale.

casual spring style


military jacket

curly hair

If you have seen me in person at school pick up - not drop off because then I am in my pjs - or vacation, or seen my insta posts as of late, chances are you have seen at least one of these pieces on me.  When I find something I really like, I just keep wearing it.  It made packing for our recent family vacation a breeze, because I just wore either these jeans or jacket or both.  You would have thought I only needed a carry on.  Ha!  Except all the shoes.  And my diffuser.

Back to the outfit.

This jacket.  I was in LOVE with a certain embellished light weight military jacket and it got away.  So as I licked my wounds and chalked it up to being responsible.  Resonsible Schmeronsible, it haunted me.  I know dramatic.

Then I happened upon this jacket during the recent Bloomingdales friends and family sale, for half the price.  I ordered it a size up - because I wanted it over-sized.  Think rumpled sleeves, messily cuffed and slouchy chic.  And the finishing touch was adding a couple of Navy patches that I scored at the Goodwill, because I wanted more embellish please.  Now to keep an eye out for back patches.  It's super comfortable and I love how casual it wears but with so much interest.  The army green color works with everything.  Think of this jacket over a summer dress or layered over a turtleneck sweater in the fall.  It's gonna get a lot of love.

Layered with a girly slip tank is the perfect juxtaposition.

And I found it on sale just for you.  Yes.

And the jeans.  Well Rag & Bone jeans are always a winner but often out of my price range.  So when I spotted these on major sale, I jumped.  I absolutely love the high-waste jean.  I know my mom is looking down right now smiling and saying I told you so.  This is so her look, she rocked it most of my life.  So chic.  With big white tennis.

I'm getting there mom.  Just you wait till next weeks post!

And destructed jeans make me feel so hip, it's like "hey ya I'm just cool."  I liked that these are fitted but not suck it in tight.  They hold their shape very well.  and the bonus of having the knees ripped out, you don't have to worry about kneeling down and having them stretch out.  I can't be the only one who has to kneel several times a day to take care of mom duties...shoe tying, etc.

I did cut them into a step hem, or as some like to say "mullet hem."  Get the scissors out, if needed, and just do it.

The best part about this whole outfit, besides that it's on sale, is that when I wait, and buy what I really love instead of settling, I will wear it all the time, and not feel the need to buy anything else to replace it.  At least for these current trends.

diy jacket patches




distressed denim
jacket -  Free People.  Here for additional 30% off with code "friends" thru 4/30.  Also Nordstrom on sale too!
jeans - Rag & Bone.  Some sizes here on major sale.  Also here.
shoes - Sam Edelman, old.  similar here
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry

What do you think of the patches, the more the better?  or no thanks!
photos by Angie

best,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment