9.19.2017

DIY Distressed Denim Hem




Distressed denim is all the rage.  I am especially into super distressed hems.  Recently I scored a pair of vintage levi's for $5.  If you follow me at all, my guess is that you are so tired of hearing about these jeans.  There may have been an eye roll?  It's all good.  Because they are that good.

Thanks to the power of youtube, one saturday evening I easily distressed the hems of my jeans and you can too.

Here's what you do.


1.  Try your jeans on and chalk wear you want the destruction.  This is especially important because they don't always hang right, plus you don't want to destroy too close to say your butt, or something.

2.  Follow this video, DIY starts at 2 mins, if you want to skip ahead like me.  I used needle nose pliers instead of tweezers.  I find these to be much easier than tweezers.  But for sure I make jewelry and don't pluck my eyebrows much.

3.  Wash.

4.  Wear them.  And tell everyone :)



Happy Tuesday.

Kirsty

2 comments: