12.04.2017

My Coffee To Dinner Date Dress

gypsy 05 dress



This dress is from Gypsy 05, they specialize in casual wear for women, but I think their dresses are just as killer.  I recently discovered them when I found this  tie-dyed blue velvet crazy good dress at my favorite local clothing boutique, I wore it with my beloved Rag & Bone heel booties.  You can see all their maxi dress with heels here.  

velvet midi dress



Besides their awesome attention to details, what I also love about Gypsy 05 is their commitment to being environmentally focused.  Finding their inspiration globally, their brand is located in LA, the brother/sister duo ethically source their goods through their Global Village Initiative providing fair wages to textile workers.  Their corporate headquarters is also the first completely solar-powered dying, printing and manufacturing facility in Los Angeles.  Hello Sunshine.

This outfit is equally perfect for a coffee date or dinner date.  I love an outfit that can be this versatile because it means that I will reach for it over and over.  When I am being very careful with my purchases and how I am spending my money, I want pieces that can work in many ways.  That go-to piece when you are in a rush but want to feel pretty and put together.  This dress will be just as awesome with booties and a fur vest or sneakers and a cardigan - which you will for surely see me in while I'm working at my shop.  

I also adore the ruffles, anytime I can add ruffles I'm a fan.  I thought pairing ruffly lace edged socks with this dress picked up the fluttery details of the dress nicely.  Pairing a sock the same color as your shoe together - voila! sock booty.  A trend that is so popular right now but so hard to find - a sock bootie that's not to loose, not too tight....just right!  This hack gives you more wear out of what you may already own.  And I love socks with heels, always have.  As long as I can find the matching mates.  Ugh.


socks with heels trend

velvet bomber jacket

dress - Gypsy 05 c/o.  find here, also at Queen Anne Dispatch.
shoes - Louise Et Cie.  similar
socks - Free People

thanks for reading.

best,
Kirsty

1 comment: