10.27.2017

The Vampiro. A Halloween Champagne Cocktail

how to host halloween in style

champagne cocktail

edible flower drink garnish

So yes, are you over my over sharing of our fun crafting afternoon?  That is why I saved the best for last.

If you know or follow me at all.  I love sparkling beverages, mainly my Soda Stream and Champagne.  So whenever I am left to cocktail duty it will most definitely involve one of these two.

For this one I had a bunch of Italian plums that my dad had brought me from his tree.  This is what Jenn and I came up with.

I love the color of this cocktail.  I love the bubbles.  It's slightly sweet but the Aperol gives it the perfect Je Ne Sais Quoi balance.  And the foam at the end with a flower on top.  Yep.




I'm not a food blogger so maybe have a glass of bubbles while you make these cocktails and relax, don't worry about the recipe details.


The Vampiro

Ingredients
Chilled Prosecco or Champagne
Italian Plums, or regular will do or even berries.
Sugar
Aperol
Edible flowers for garnish like Pansies.

So I prefer to macerate my fruit rather than make a simple syrup, I think the flavor stays truer rather than having to cook it out into that fake candy flavor.  Plus why add water to a cocktail unless it's extra ice.  IMO.  But it you are making this quickly just make a 1 cup water: 2 cup sugar simple syrup and add plum puree.  Google it if you need directions.

To Macerate:  Chop up plums, add sugar.  Mix, let sit on your counter for a couple hours then transfer to fridge until ready to use.  Depending on the sweetness of fruit will determine sugar amount.  I did 1 teaspoon sugar per Plum.   Puree.  You can strain but I like the little chunks.  Personal preference.

Also this is why I could never be a food blogger.  None of this is exact it's all personal preference.

To assemble.

Pour Champagne into glass 2/3full.  Do this first - key to the champagne not overflowing.
Add a good splash of aperol
two spoonfuls of plum puree.
Stir - this gives you a lovely foam on top
Garnish with Flower.  Because even Spooky can be Sweet.

Cheers.

edible flower garnish



No comments:

Post a Comment