12.01.2011

festive fashion {no. 2}

Can I preface by saying that I have a weakness for: beanies, fingerless gloves, puffy vests, and hoods. So this outfit is almost my everyday and I realize that it may not translate to the rest of you. :) Kirsty, among her million other projects found some awesome faux fur and is in process of making some amazing vests... {these are things I really wish I could pull off as brilliantly as she does}.

So imagine your heading to the bitter cold for a tree lighting event or a Christmas parade with the in-laws or the extended family. You still want to stay stylish, but warmth is a real priority. Sometimes so many layers limits the jewelry you can wear, but not for this. How perfect would the new Jessica hoops look peaking out from underneath that hand knit beanie...I know right?!? You really can't go wrong with these hoops, perfect for casual holiday parade OR with your favorite LBD.

In a few days we'll post Kirsty's version of the Christmas tree lighting/parade faux fur and all, but without delay, check out my version for a cold winter night...


here's the skinny on the goods: 
charcoal warmth for your head brought to you by: COAL headwear
Coral fingerless for the perfect punch of color brought to you by: Middlegrays (etsy)
Madewell does make things well, like this cornflower button down
one ahhhhmazing hoodie thanks to J.CREW
the perfect go-to: Jessica hoops from {yours truly}
Loving the skinny cords that are in like this navy version from AG
and two of my favorites, the Venus puffer from Marmot (every pacific northwestern girl needs one)
and Sorel boots, comfortable, warm, weather proof!

. . .

I should mention...this outfit would also be perfect for a photo shoot of you and your crew as you cut down your very own tree in the woods...just be sure to go before it starts raining {if you live in PNW}

happy tree hunting, lighting, celebrating!

Ali {for Lucia K.}