7.25.2012

what i wore {wine tasting & so much more}

ok prepare yourself, I have a lot of stuff to say today.

such a treat this week.  first I was able to attend the Seattle Wine Awards with a good friend.  I know very little about wine, I asked a lot of questions.  it was fun to talk with the vitners, how they choose their grapes, how they came up with their wine labels, the flavors you should be tasting.  think rhubarb, vanilla, peach, etc...  plus there was some delicious food accompaniments.  the poor chefs were literally in a giant fireplace.  beautiful wood carved mantle, and also very warm.  the only thing missing was chocolate.  hellooooo!  wine without chocolate.  major oversight right?!  then I headed to church in the evening with my family.  funny, I felt a little overdressed for church.  casual Seattle.

outfit #1  wine tasting and church.


this dress was an outlet score that has served me well.  in fact, chances are if you have been to one of my shows, you may have seen me in it.  it gets a lot of mileage.  pretty sure ruffles are one of my favor embellishments ever.  




my stack of bracelets were a Lucia K. Nora in hazelnut, also a leather wrap bracelet that isn't on the site yet.  and some vintage beaded trim that caught me eye, doesn't it make a perfect bracelet?  oh that detail of old.


and of course my monograms on the other wrist.


dress - J Crew Outlet
belt - Zara.com
boots - Frye
earrings - Lucia K Taylor


{do you see he is literally in a giant fireplace, where they are grilling the steak behind him.  next time you eat steak - add some smoked grey sea salt to it.  oh my goodness outta sight delicious.}



outfit #2 carried me through a most crazy of mondays!  my goodness I tackled a monstrous to-do list of jewelry orders and drop offs, grocery shopping and returns.  with two little boys in tow.  and then ended it at a 91st birthday BBQ for "Grandpa Duck."  the only way I could get this done was with some serious red power shoes moving me along.


at first I wasn't into this whole boyfriend jean style that's making itself known.  but once I realized it could give life to some oldies but goodies, I caved.  its comfy, casual and with some pumps, I'm  all of a sudden hip right?  woohoo!


take note of the new earrings, small gold tags have been requested a few times and finally I have added them to the collection {check back friday for a sale on these new additions!}  I will probably wear them the rest of the summer, every day.



tank top - Zara.com
jeans - super old Seven for Mankind "A" jeans.  in fact I think these began my love affair with the  A's.
shoes - Bronx, Queen Anne Dispatch {if you live in Seattle, this is a GREAT spot for shoes, and more}
earrings - Lucia K. Tag {available this friday!}
bracelets - Lucia K. Ginger and Tag Vintage Wrap Bracelets.


Happy 91st Birthday Grandpa Duck!


Cheers!

Some of my {very novice} wine picks...
2010 Goose Ridge Estate Winery Chardonnay {Gold Winner}  it was creamy and vanilla-y.  
2009 Dusted Valley Vintners Boomtown Merlot {Gold Winner}  inexpensive, 11$ I think, great bottle.  they are located in Eastern Wa, but have a tasting room in Woodinville Wa.
NV Treveri Cellars Syrah Brut Sparkling {Double Gold} and bubbly.
2010 Little Monsters Wine Mama's Helper White Wine {Gold} great wine under 15$ and located in Fremont at the Book Bindery.  They are open for tastings and participate in Second Saturdays.
2011 Kaella Winery Rose of Sangiovese.  {Gold}

linking up with Pleated Poppy today for what i wore.

happy wednesday.

best,
kirsty

4 comments:

  1. adorable! The cream dress and boots! LOVE IT! Reminds me of Emily on one episode of the Bachelorette!Gotta check out your jewelry now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love that dress! It is so cute. Clearly a winner! And I love your second outfit too...you have such a cute style! Popping over from The Pleated Poppy.

    ReplyDelete