9.25.2013

finding my fall...in a blazer resurrected and boston ivy {what i wore}

I often times think I can take an outdated piece of clothing and alter it to make it more current.  more often than not this is a bad idea.  I am starting to realize I am only capable of minor nips and tucks, the rest needs to be left to a professional.  enter this blazer.  it has been in the I loved this but its just not quite right what can I do with it pile for a few years.  boy am I glad I never got around to changing it or giving it away.  I'm so happy with its style, pintucked shoulders and 3/4 sleeves, and finally peplum in my closet.  funny how often styles cycle through.  in fact, look at how similar this one on sale is.  I feel victorious! 




my outfit was inspired by this pin, with a lighter california still sweating twist.  although I heart the plaid, albeit heavy, moto jacket so.


and do you see the beautiful boston ivy letting its autumn colors shine!  this is my neighbors house.  in fact, two of my neighbors have it.  I will have autumn even in southern california!

top - Nordstrom
blazer - old but this one is very similar. {and on sale.}
jeans - 7 for all Mankind, Hautelook.com {great place to score designer jeans on sale.}
Boots - Anthropologie
necklaces - Lucia K. Jewelry Blake {and Christine in mint, coming soon}

linking up with pleated poppy for what i wore wednesday.

happy wednesday.

best,
kirsty

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love when my old clothes are in style again!

    Mywaytofitandfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete