1.20.2015

so tonight we had lentil soup.

marc by marc jacobs handbag

January came in and kicked my butt, thank goodness there are 11 and 1/3 more months to go...to you know, do things like take the last of that dang nail polish off of my toes.

fall layers

marled sweater

sunglasses, pink lips

curly hair

Life is slowly getting back on track, the gift that came from being sick with my youngest son, we spent a lot of time snuggling on the couch, watching way too many movies, and reading books. Unless the are sleeping, there is not a lot of stillness in my 5 and 6yr old boys.  These moments are golden to me.  Truly.

P received Where the Sidewalk Ends for his birthday, and we can't put it down, I had forgotten how great these poems are and I love their giggles and inquisitive eyes as I read them.

Sky Seasoning

A Piece of Sky
Broke off and fell
Through the crack in the ceiling
Right into my soup.
KERPLOP!
I really must state
That I usually hate
Lentil soup, but I ate
Every drop!
Delicious delicious
(A bit like plaster),
But so delicious, goodness sake-
I could have eaten a lentil-soup lake.
It's amazing the difference
A bit of sky can make.

Which reminded me we should eat more lentils.  And it was foggy all day today.

So we ate Lentil Soup for dinner.

oversized sweater
sweater that I sort of live in - Anthropologie {sold out}
my new favorite flannel - O'Neill,  here on sale, or here free shipping
jeans - 7 for all Mankind {old}
shoes - Sam Edelman, Nordstrom {sold out, similar.}
bag - Marc Jacobs, different color here on sale.
Sunglasses - Michael Kors, Nordstrom {sold out, similar. similar.}

Anyone have any great lentil recipes?  I forgot how great they are.
linking up with pleated poppy for what i wore weds.  photos by Angie.

best,
kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment