3.31.2015

that time we went to LA and took lots of pictures, you've been warned.







Is it only when you don't actually live in the city, that the grit seems so romantic, or does it always?  There seems to be a story behind every texture and detail, the character of the buildings, the gates keeping people out or holding them in, the smells - fortunate and unfortunate.

The energy and creativity and coffee of the city are so inspiring!  And don't get me started on the pies and donuts and restaurants.  We walked along a street with store fronts the size of large closets selling everything from popsicles to handbags.  {I am assuming they have an employee bathroom somewhere amongst them, these are the thoughts of a mom.}

It was so fun to be in LA for the afternoon.  So we took lots of pictures.

About my outfit...these pants, I loved them in the boutique when I bought them.  Then I got them home and couldn't quite figure them out.  But I wanted to love them.  Does that ever happen to you?  I bought them last year and maybe they were a tad progressive for me at the time.  I think part of it is that I am most self-conscious about my thighs and these pockets gather right at that target zone, creating bulk, mostly in my head.   Let it go.  I get them now, I like the higher waist, and I have grown quite fond of them.  Bonus - they are comfy, and people always ask me about them when I wear them.

And when you shoot with a handbag you have something to do with your hands, who knew!  I own very few handbags, I'm more of a shoe girl, so who wants to see the same bag over and over in pictures.  Well watch out.  Actually this clutch is new and amazing, woven leather and suede, optional GOLD crossbody chain or the I'm so chic and effortless messy foldover clutch of the moment - you know... and its on sale.



tank top - old.
pants - Flynn Skye, Islaboutique.  See below for the many color options.
clutch - Deux Lux, also here in blush
shoes - Saks 5th Avenue GRAY, Off Saks 5th {66% off!}
watch - Kate Spade, Nordstrom
sunglasses - Marc by Marc Jacobs, c/o {also here}
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry Tag
bracelets - vintage
nails - Butter London "Come to Bed Red" Nordstrom
lips - Nars "Damned" Nordstrom


Here's where to find the "Flynn Skye Perfect Pant" in many colors and sizes {all on sale!}




linking up with pleated poppy for what i wore weds.  photos by Angie.

best,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment