4.14.2015

When in doubt







When Angie and I ventured into LA for the Darling Magazine Issue 11 Release Party, we were all giddy at getting to shoot pictures in the city streets.  Of course that requires planning ahead and putting together full outfits in time to hop in the car before rush hour traffic.  Since I did not factor in a few afternoon events including, but not limited to, a heated discussion about why Santa uses the same wrapping paper as us {really who can keep track of this stuff?!}, a major 3 little finger smashing, and a brown widow siting in the guest-room.  Sidenote:  Yes, a cousin to the black widow.  No, you will NOT die but feel flu-like effects because the poisonous VENOM amount is not significant enough to kill a human. And - don't worry guests he was found and destroyed.

This left very little time and brain power for outfit decisions.  So when in doubt, I go for a white tee, jeans and a great pair of shoes.  Well I did manage to upgrade my tee so not quite so basic of a uniform, I love the lace party going on in back.  Everyone should have an outfit they feel great in that they can grab on the fly.  

If only I had brought multiple t-shirts, the textures of LA were so amazing.  We just kept shooting into the night, in the same t-shirt and jean combo.  

Hey, these boots were made for walking.  

Come on!  I couldn't resist.

And my bag - have a mentioned that my photog is now designing and hand-making leather bags, can I get so lucky!  I love the simple lines and the leather - it's getting better the more I beat it, and because it doesn't have crazy hardware and whistles, its doesn't start out weighing 5lbs before I add my supplies.  My shoulders can appreciate that.  Less is more here.  



shirt - Dex, Off Saks 5th {similar}
jeans - AG Jeans, old and ripped by me.
boots - Rag & Bone, Nordstrom
nails - Butter London in "Come to Bed Red", Sephora.
watch - Kate Spade, Nordstrom
bag - Finn Attire hopefully coming soon.

linking up with pleated poppy what i wore weds and sydney fashion hunter.


{follow along on instagram - thekirstyfiles.}
happiest of hump days.

xo,
kirsty


No comments:

Post a Comment