9.29.2015

70's Style Revival

Because it's just more fun to collaborate, Jenn and I are talking about our love to 70's inspired fashion this fall.  Keep checking back all week for our favorite outfits and items...

P1120676 

First up Jenn.
  
If you follow along with my fashion adventures on Instagram, you may already be tired of this dress. Because, clearly, I am in LOVE. Aside from the ease of getting dressed with one simple piece, I am totally on-board with the entire 1970's trend that is continuing from summer straight into fall! I've already shared my love for flares and flannel, and with the addition of clogs, a sherpa-lined vest, and a poncho; my fall wardrobe is greatly influenced by the throw-back to this fashionable era. As I've noted in previous posts, just be careful that you're look doesn't ready entirely too retro (you want to look fashion-forward rather than in costume). I achieve this here by adding more modern accessories that are still in keeping with the vibe of the dress - a peep toe bootie isn't too straight-laced and the slouchy, tasseled clutch echoes the tassels on the dress (and the amazing navy color!) 

P1120682

P1120688

P1120723

Finally, have we talked about how a red lip can transform your look (if not your entire outlook on life?!)? I generally tend to keep my makeup look simple, but a pop of lip color can really brighten your complexion, not-to-mention take a look from good to great! Particularly this time of year (as we lose our summer glow), some color can do wonders for drawing attention to your face.

  P1120731

P1120766 
 {outfit details} dress: Wayf | booties: Hinge | clutch: Hobo (found at Queen Anne Dispatch) | glasses: Chloé | Earrings: Lucia K. Jewelry (email Kirsty) | Ring: my own | Lips: NARS Cruella

P1120691 Keep checking back in later this week as Kirsty and I continue to share our love for all-things '70's. As always, thanks for reading! ~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment