6.29.2016

Stars and Stripes on My Mind: elevating my outfit to 4th of July style


4th of July Style

how to dress for independence day

american flag bag

One of the simplest ways to add interest to any outfit is with accessories.  I am always talking about starting with a great white top and denim bottoms.

Doing it yet again.

Honestly if there's one holiday I want to wear my colors for it's Independence Day.  The nostalgia and pride that I feel for our Red, White, & Blue.  You can't beat it.  So grateful.  But I don't always have an American Flag maxi dress hanging in my closet.  Why not?  I know I should.    

So in this case I'm getting all patriotic by taking this awesome asymmetrical white tank and slim fit super flattering pair of denim shorts and adding a serious pop of red with this hand knit necklace by Masha, my favorite striped espadrilles, and the quintessential American bag that should be toted to every beach day and bbq this summer.  

Gonna wear it out.

Can't forget my triple threat of go-to accessories, if you read any of my blog you will see them on repeat - rose gold aviators, hand-formed lariat necklace and guitar string bracelets.

And how about this for a Seattle summer night.  This place, it's pretty darn special.

Almost everything I am wearing is from Queen Anne Dispatch.  If you are in the Seattle area, this is a boutique worth frequenting.  Such a treasure trove of head to toe items, thoughtful gift items and 4th of July flare.

statement necklace


slim fit shorts


All of the following items can be found at Queen Anne Dispatch (and they ship so call them)
Shorts - Prana
Red Necklace - Masha Designs
Gold Necklace - Lucia K. Jewelry Lariat
Bracelets - Guitar String Bracelets
Flag Bag
Sunglasses - Smith

Shoes c/o Faryl Robin.

linking up with pleated poppy for what i wore weds.
best,
Kirsty

find more on my instagram, thekirstyfiles, follow along and say hello!



No comments:

Post a Comment