6.28.2017

Summer Creating with Your Girlfriends: A Crafternoon.


crafternoon


For better or worse - I'm a crafter, by necessity, for therapy, it's deep in my blood.  I can whip up projects in an afternoon or on an whim.  You DON'T want to see my basement, my poor husband.  The craft supplies that would make your hair stand on end.  But I realize it's not therapy for many, it can be intimidating and stressful.  And overwhelming even where to start.

Something I always dream of doing is a crafting evening with my girlfriends.  Why has this not happened?  Oh right - life.  And taking it a step better than sip and paint, I want it in my home, with inspiring food and cocktails, and of course an awesome awesome craft.

So where am I going with all this?  Enter The Crafter's Box.  I seriously am obsessed.  I love their crafts.  They are they kind you want to have in your house, and not because your kid did them.  Give me a house of my boys creations for sure, but you know what I mean.  Plus - they think of every detail - which is for sure where I fall short.  All you do is sign up.  Anyone can do it.  They even provide you with inspiration and how-to videos for each of their featured crafts.  So partnering with them for an afternoon of girlfriends and DIYing was a no brainer.

Now it can be therapeutic and inspiring to all.

This is the afternoon I dreamed up.  4 other women who inspire me with their creativity.  Yummy bites, delicious desserts, a fabulous cocktail.  And a craft I have been itching to try.





For our cocktail, I had sparkling water and prosecco with all sorts of fun add-ins for everyone to make their own - watermelon sticks, jalepenos, lemons wedges, mint, cilantro and lime.  Key is to keep it simple and DIYable for all.  Plus have your girls come early and chop and assemble.  Being together is part of the fun.





And because eveyone crafts better with a happy stomach, we had to have yummy snacks.  Think healthy but yummy.  I made a greek plate - homemade hummus with toasted pine nuts and also feta with mint and parsley.  Then I gave the girls lots of dipping options - carrots, cucumbers, toasted seed crackers and good bread.

And then do not forget the Pie Babies.  The best little dessert I have found.  I know everyone says - just buy the dessert, no one will notice.  Honestly this makes me crazy because I love the dessert.  But when you have Pie Babies around, this is the type of dessert you purchase, and serve with pride.  And they are just the right size to have oh say half a dozen.  And the crust to filling ratio of these sweet minis is perfection.










pineapple block print




block printing DIY

We spent the afternoon block printing fabric, the featured maker Cotton & Flax collaborated with The Crafter's Box for this project to create one of a kind table runners.  We also printed on our canvas bags and I have my eyes on my boring lamp shade as I type.  Next week I will share my table runner, I'm so happy with how it turned out.  But I am even happier with the afternoon spent inspiring each other.

Thank you to Erin, Sally, Kristen and Jenn.  I love how each of our block prints was totally different but all equally awesome.  This is the best part about creating.  

The fabulous table decor and barware was provided by Yay Parties, and the Pie Babies by A La Mode.  If you are in the Seattle area, they are both gems for any engagement.  

Photos by Kristen.

best,
Kirsty

This crafternoon was in partnership with The Crafter's Box, all creations and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment