8.22.2017

Our Week of Peaches





Well they didn't actually last a week.  But it sounds better than 4 days of Peaches.

Of the many adventures and experiences to be had during summer, one of my favorites of course is food, and specifically fruit - experiencing fruit at the peak of it's flavor.  Because I love food, I want to share with my boys what food tastes like at it's best.  We are so lucky here in Seattle to have so much amazing fruit among us during the summer and I'm grateful for farmers markets and local grocery stores that provide us with the cream of the crop straight from the growers.

In honor of today being National Eat a Peach Day I'm sharing what we did with a flat of peaches from one of our favorite local grocers Met Market.  Mostly we just eat them, because when a peach is at it's very best, not much compares, but we did get a bit creative in the best way.  And I love the idea that tasting a close to perfect peach, will always take you back to the heart of summer.

I want my boys to have these memories.

To me, splashing a bit of cream on fresh cut peaches, always takes me back.  That sweet smell and taste transport me to moments filled with my mom, dad and brother and summer evenings that stretched bedtime until that last of the setting sun.  I never tire of these memories.

Here are some of the things we did with our peaches.



We simply ate them.






Then we cut them up, counted them into jars, and topped with fresh whipped cream.








Then we made bruschetta.  And I sort of can't even take how good it was.  Here's what you do:  Take good bread and brush with olive oil and grill.  Then top with fresh mozzarella (I'm obsessed with the Met Market fresh hand-stretched mozzarella), fresh basil, peaches and sprinkle with Maldon salt.  Disclaimer:  I'm not a food blogger.  Just a foodie.

We also made peach milkshakes.

And peach salsa .

And then we ate them some more, and didn't want it to end.




This post was done in partnership with the Met Market.  For 21 years, the Met Market has sourced the very best peaches in the land for their Peach-O-Rama.  If you live near, I definitely recommend partaking, if even just one.  This will be a tradition we continue for years to come.

PS -I'm gonna start keeping track of our food adventures in this, I love this idea.

thank you for reading.  What is your favorite summer fruit memory?

best,
kirsty

6 comments:

  1. It’s considered good luck to be able to hear the dawn masses nine times in a row for the nine days before Christmas. Doing this also qualifies you to make a free wish! Most people come with their family and friends (or at least those who manage to wake up at 3 or 4 AM). The atmosphere is very Christmassy and Pinoy Channel Latest Video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually, the women in Filipino want to come to America to live because it on there more occasions in the United States than in Manila. Thus, sometimes you can see an older husband with a younger wife, they live fortunately the ones with the Ako Tambayan HD Video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a martial artist who hung it up for Gandhi, and you are now significantly reaching the end of this rather demented, rambling story. I went on at Pinoy Tv LIve Shows great length, and now I merely want you to ponder this inevitable assumption:

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Monday again! Are you excited to go to work? Or do you dread every second you're at the office.I know how it feels because I experienced it too. However, we can definitely change that. And I want to help. How? By changing the way we Ako Tambayn HD Video think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Till 1980 the production for anime movies were not fruitful but soon after the period when new technologies started hitting the world and it became the habit of human being to choose whatever is new in the market. Since then the anime Ako Tambayn HD Movies became favorite of majority peoples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here the Brillante Mendoza's movie shifts into the dark bowels of the city. A female drug dealer (Isabel Lopez) is picked up from a bar-night club, and whisked away in a van. A journey through Roxas Boulevard, and Edsa, ends up via the NLEX in some remote town in Ako Tambayan Latest Video Bulacan or Pampanga.

    ReplyDelete