9.09.2011

Feature Friday

Feature Friday - so every Friday {or so} I thought we would feature one of our pieces, what inspired, how we are seeing it worn, possibly even offer it on sale...oh the possibilities!

Meet: Caroline




This necklace was inspired by two things, a mens necktie and a spool of vintage grosgrain ribbon I had found at an estate sale.




I don't remember where I was when the idea came to me - its usually at a stop light or in the middle of the night - so my drawings tend to be random sheets of scrap paper, whatever I can find before I lose the idea.




I also liked the idea of making it a little unexpected by wearing the ribbon asymmetrically on the necklace.




When I saw the green Czech glass beads, I was sure that they would be perfect, not quite turquoise, and a hint of that peely-paint-vintage-green-but-a-little-fresher color.




Why I like it {and why I think its been so well received}...





I like the Caroline necklace because its sort of preppy - but not too, with natural brass and gunmetal chain mixed in.  




Its also great dressed up with a black dress or dressed down in t's and jeans, but still elevates your style and makes a statement {easily}.   Doesn't Mel look great!




That is my ultimate goal with a piece.




 I LOVE all the comments and pictures my customers have sent, that makes a crazy day so worth it. 

and of course Monica - with her cute pink shoes.




Jen and her hub with their sweet dogs.  So honored to be in a family shot!




and a close up in action shot





Its the last month to take advantage of our Kickoff Promotionemail me how you would wear the Caroline necklace {or any lkj piece} and I will send you a code for 25% off our website.  Wouldn't it be fabulous to add the Caroline necklace to your wardrobe at 25% off, I think so.

so that's my first "Feature Friday", hope you liked.

Happy Friday!

Best,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment