2.14.2012

We heart {small} tokens of gratitude

In the crazy, fast paced, often times unthoughtful, world we are living in, small tokens of gratitude are so very wonderful and unexpected.  who doesn't love a little gift?!  and who doesn't love to give a great gift without braking the bank?! and well we can't always whip up our latest homemade creation, so here are some of our current "purchasable" favorites...


I actually just received this adorable journal as a thank you.  it looks so stylish on my night stand.  and the thought process is that you just write one line a day, how hard of a commitment is that?  for 5 yrs.  what fun to look back at that day five years running.  {confession: I haven't started writing yet, I can't quite wrap my brain around one line a day, how do you??  BUT I love the idea and will get there...}



There is also a new mom's version, this is genius...



We are obsessed with coconut, and for the record have been for a long time.  maybe its the way the smell immediately transports you to your favorite sunny vacation spot, or how now its being touted for its health benefits, don't even get me started on triple coconut cupcakes.  love this brand for its fabulous scents and now add shimmery kisses, and only 8$ - done!  wouldn't this be a sweet token to give along with a handwritten note...





We could easily, and may very well, do an entire post dedicated to the chocolate we heart, but in the meantime lets start here.  this company makes the most delectable chocolate, starting from the cocoa nib to finished product, on original antique european machines {heart} and they are 100% fair trade {heart again} and organic {total heart}.  so 4$ a chocolate bar might seem steep, but its also "voting with your fork" is how I think they put it, to make the world a better place.  if you are ever in Seattle, they do wonderful tours and chocolate tastings as well - highly recommend!  this is one {of many} of my favorite flavors... 




This is kind of basic, but also very classic and chic on its own.  and 6$ is very nice.  fill it with your favorite sweets or tea or even a small bundle of flowers, darling. and the monogram makes it feel very personalized right?



We heart this entire shop, but what about one of these ridiculously-cute-for-a-plain-old-pencil-pencils, with a note recalling a favorite memory attached to it.  a note to check in and catch up on old times.  or a plan to set the date to get together.  love this idea...



I had this friend in college {and still do!} who would write me random encouraging notes every so often on recycled bits of something that had reminded me of her.  think pieces of cereal boxes, magazine pages, wrappers...it was so wonderful to receive the notes and to see how I was being thought of in her regular day.  it is a gesture that I try to carry forward in my life.  of course some seasons I am much better at being intentional than other times.

In the week of love ahead, lets celebrate someone randomly for a small something they did that inspired or uplifted you.

Happy Tuesday.

Best,
Kirsty