12.18.2013

baby its cold outside {what i wore}

aaannnd it really was.

annnnnnd I was very much having a very pat.yourself.on.the.back moment when I thought to take my sherpa vest {that I scored from Jenn} and layer my very.favorite.second.christmas.present.I.ever.received.from.my.now.husband.classic.red J. crew coat over it.


because I am loving all the exaggerated collars {like this, and this, so cute and on sale.} happening right now and I wanted to participate without having to spend money because, well, yet again, I live in Southern California.  so.


my heart was full this evening.  we were out and about around our town for their sweet little Christmas celebration.  and since I think wedge sneakers are indeed sneakers, if I am going to be walking some {not at a disneyland level of course but some} I reach for these sneaks.  actually they are quite comfortable for wedges.  truly I dig them, whoever first designed these I'm sorry I may have ridiculed them at first but I have completely come around.  



{photos by Angie}

city hall pepper tree lighting

isn't this the coolest picture I captured?  complete luck catching the glowing trail of the rocket.  need an awesome stocking stuffer or gift for little friends, these rockets are so fun.

coat - J. Crew {12yrs old but its this one!  30%off code giftnow!}
vest - Sanctuary, revolveclothing.com
shirt - free people {similar}
jeans - 7fam, Hautelook
shoes - Steve Madden, Nordstrom
lipstick - MAC viva glam and sephora universal lip pencil {also a great stocking stuffer for any lipstick lover, its clear so works under any color and keeps your lipstick from bleeding.}

linking up with pleated poppy for what i wore weds.


"I long, as every human being does, to be at home wherever I find myself."  Maya Angelou

how different this Christmas looks than any other I've had.  it pulls at my heartstrings and there have been a lot of tears, but there have been some tender and wonderful experiences mixed in too.
hope you are finding your home wherever you are this december.  thank you for reading.

best,
kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment