12.19.2013

wax on wax on {4 way friday}

two girls.  some serious wax.  four ways.

yep we love those wax jeans.  what do you think?  are they crazy?  my husband still can't quite understand them, he says "those leather jeans of yours."  the things they come up with in fashion.

so not only are we finally getting around to some denim demonstration {say that 4 times fast!} but we also have a high end/low end as well.  its nice to be able to spend less when you aren't sure how an item will fit into your wardrobe rotation, or frankly, you just don't want to spend the money.  I get it.  and although I love my jeans, I am a bit miffed I didn't do what Jenn did.  so here we go, we narrowed our outfits down to just four...

outfit #1 - when you're stuck with a day that's gray and lonely.  just look at my face, I think I needed to go back to bed.  it was raining, I almost put my rainboots on!  but alas, here it is the ever so slightly sparkly fringed blanket I mean poncho.  I think the wax jeans keep this outfit from being too melancholy.  these are my reversible freezable jeans, see the reverse side here.  they are the high end but what I appreciate is you get double bang for you buck, and they have held the shape extremely well despite the non-wash instruction.  now if I could just find a smile!

poncho - Isla Boutique
shirt - Splendid
boots - DV by Dolce Vita, Nordstrom {on sale}
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry Blake {I guess you can't really seem them}


outfit #2 - off to toddler little gym in wax jeans and sequins, well if you pair them with converse I think its totally realistic.  I am completely coveting this shirt - plaid and sequins.  Jenn says she reaches for these wax jeans over her more expensive versions and should have bought multiples. 

shirt - Free People, Nordstrom {on sale}
jeans - Old Navy 
shoes - Converse, Zappos
watch - Michele, Nordstrom {on sale}

outfit #3 - when you just don't want to shave your legs for a cocktail party {well I guess you could wear tights.}  but the point is, dress up these wax babies, for an evening out, add some heels and a structured jacket or blazer and they stand up to any little black dress.  

blazer - Zara {on sale}
silk tank - White House Black Market {old}
jeans - Bleulab
shoes - Marc Jacobs {oldies but besties}


outfit #4 - and the winner is...fur always wins.  this winter textures are top and this one has so many great textures - suede shoes, wax pants, crepe top, faux fur vest {and baby smooth skin because Jenn is an spf freak! apparently it pays off}

shirt - J. Crew {old, similar, 30% off with code toyou}
vest - TopShop, Nordstrom
heels - Madewell {30% off code toyou}
bracelet - Stella and dot

and now I am off to bed to find my smile.  sweet dreams.  TGIF!  

best,
kirsty {and Jenn}

No comments:

Post a Comment