1.03.2014

plaid shirt date {4 way friday}

well its not exactly a 4 way friday.  just a casual dinner in with our families, all together!

this is a favorite shirt for both Jenn and I, here, another version here, in fact, if I had my way of endless fashion budget, I would buy these plaid shirts for every day of the month.  so comfortable and such a great fit.  perfect for a casual dinner together, comfortable but pulled together.

here's our {sort of} impromptu photo shoot.  if only I had permission to show the outtakes...



{its her dreamy purse and restoration.eat.your.heart.out patio}





{yep I parked myself next to the giant bowl of guacamole.  tortilla soup, the canlis salad {can I just say mint and bacon - do it!}, brown butter chocolate chip cookies not pictured.  all so good.}

{71% of the children, all the boys.  do that math}

#1 - borrowed bag.  my purses are never pictured because lets be honest, they are old and well-loved.  I tend to destroy my purses.  but I am really coveting this one and perhaps its splurge worthy?  gray leather with gold zippers.  love the size and shape.  handle that can be worn over the shoulder or in your hand.  uber chic but functional?  I'm wishing...
shirt - Rails, Queen Anne Dispatch
tank - H&M.  very old and loved.
jeans - 7fam, Hautelook
booties - DV for Dolce Vita, Nordstrom {now 50% off!}
bag - Marc by Marc Jacobs, Nordstrom
lipstick - Nars {gift from Jenn, I know right.}

 #2 - perfect layers.  when you don't want to bundle up in a jacket but its chilly, how about layering a great chunky sweater of the top.  keeping the bottom slim in skinny jeans and boots keeps this outfit balanced instead of bulky.
sweater - Shopbop {um 50% off!}
shirt - Rails, Queen Anne Dispatch
jeans - Citizens, Nordstom
boots - Paul Green, Nordstrom

Happy New Year, hope you all enjoyed good meals with those you love.

best,
kirsty {and Jenn}

No comments:

Post a Comment