3.11.2015

Layer of interest.




This past year I had my hair balayaged and I may never stop.  Balayage is when color, highlights, and/or lowlights are painted on your hair, instead of foils.  This gives your hair color a more "natural" ha! look.  And it is really fun to watch your colorist, who is like an artist painting a canvas.   I feel like my colorist has given great definition and visual depth to my curls.

I try to stretch out my balayage appointments as long as possible, wearing hats A LOT towards the end of the 3 months trying to push out towards 4.  I was completely embracing this "ombre" look right?  

BUT I have quite a bit of gray hair, its uncanny.  So my husband, who mind you doesn't like to spend money unless he HAS to said "I think it's time to get your hair done honey."  

So there you have it.  I guess it is time to make an appointment.  Can you see the grays below?...  

Just focus on the fun layers I'm wearing.  I little trick when I feel like my dress or t-shirt and sweater/jacket just isn't quite working, but almost, add another layer of interest in between - a denim/plaid/print/stripe button-up shirt or zip up hoodie.  I'd say keep the inner layer light weight so as to not add too much bulk.  I felt like the dark teal dress and dark gray sweater, two favorites and crazy comfortable pieces needed a little lightening, so I added the light colored chambray to break up the dark.  

Play around with it. 






cardigan - Tildon, Nordstrom {sold out, similar}
denim shirt - Madewell, similar
dress - Free People, Queen Anne Dispatch 
other options...on sale in eggplant here
boots - vintage from my grandma, woohoo!
necklace - Lucia K. Jewelry

photos by the amazing Angie.
linking up with pleated poppy for what i wore weds.

xo,
Kirsty

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that dress and with the boots - swoon!! Um take the money and run! He said get your hair did - go get your hair did!!

    ReplyDelete