6.02.2015

How to make a black tank dress win.


I stayed up too late last night watching "So You Think You Can Dance."  So now I'm too tired to write anything awesome.  I just want to go to bed quickly.

For how much I love a great pair of bright shoes, it's hard not to argue for the classics.  This nude color paired with an espadrille wedge of the season and slight gladiator lace-up is just too perfect for those summer dresses/skinny jeans/culottes/wide leg jeans, when you want just a bit more than a flat. 

Also when the outfit is simple, let the accessories do the talking.  I thought the shape of the earrings echoed in the shape of my sunglasses gave great interest, and my vintage bead and leather tassel necklace added dimension to an otherwise simple, dare I say plain, dress.  I even added a mix of vintage and newer bracelets.  Trifecta.  Watch out! 

And how about this rippled wall?  



Dress - Gap, on sale, additional 30% off with code GOOD
Shoes - DV by Dolce Vita {on sale here, also coral or tropical floral here}
Necklace - Lucia K. Jewelry {coming soon in limited supply}
Earrings - Lucia K. jewelry Tag
Sunglasses - Warby Parker {no longer available}
Toes in "Ballet Slipper" by Essie, Nordstrom
Lips in "Poplife" by Nars, Nordstrom

Pleeeeeeease tell me what you think?

Linking up with pleated poppy for what i wore weds and sydney fashion hunter.
Photos by Angie.

Sweet Dreams,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment