7.09.2015

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale: The Shoes!

If I'm choosing my very favorite accessory for an outfit, its shoes.  I admit, my handbag is a last minute thought, jewelry does come in second, but when it comes to shoes, I ponder and pine and search.  I love shoes!  So when the sale starts, First thing I wanna see is the shoes, give me shoes.

So it's no surprise as Jenn and I have been collaborating on our Nordstrom Anniversary Sale favorites, I asked for the shoes.

A great pair of shoes transforms an outfit.  In fact, keep yourself in a great pair of jeans and tee, and just swap your shoes, looks are endless.  Done.

So here are my picks...


Pumps.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Pumps
1. Charles David Navy Suede Classic, I love this classic cut, with a slight twist of Navy, you can never go wrong with suede, in my humble opinion.
2. Sam Edelman Nude Patent Leather D'orsay,  A patent nude pump is a staple for your closet, the split detail on the heel and the flattering d'orsay shape have me smitten.
3. Sam Edelman Leopard Print Calf Hair D'orsay, I bought a very similar pair last year at the sale, and they still make me so happy, and last year they sold out quickly.  Leopard really is the best.
4. Jessica Simpson Teal Suede Ankle Strap, teal, ruffles, suede.  Seriously Jessica Simpson does shoes really well.  I was convinced I had every pump I want, until these babies.  These are gonna be perfect with that little black dress for holiday parties.  Or paired with skinny jeans and an awesome oversized sweater for the fall.  These are for making a statement.



Sandals.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Sandals
1. Hinge Open Toe Wedge Bootie.  These are just so good.
2. Michael Kors Peeptoe Platform Sandal.  The black suede in front with the patent in back, and the slight platform, I love the criss-crossing straps rather than an ankle strap {gonna make ya jump jump...anyone??}.  These will give you stability while elongating your legs.
3. Enzo Ankle Strap Sandal in Cherry.  Well the color is just so darn great, but they blue and the patent silver, and even the classic black make it hard to choose.  I actually don't have this classic shape in my closet, what is my problem??
4. Vince Ankle Strap in Fig.  Love the deep color of this shoe, with the black accent of the strap and ever so slight platform.  The lower heel makes this less intimidating to wear all the time but just as fabulous.



Flats.
Nordstrom Sale Flats
1. Louise et Cie Oxford Flat.  I can't get enough of these.  I love that they are a "flat" but have a 1inch heel, my kind of flat.  The oxford design is so smart but the calfhair print and gold toe detail.  These might be my faves.  Think with boyfriend jeans and a white button up, or red sweater, or tee and jean jacket.
2. Stuart Weitzman Loafer.  Classic, simple, perfection in plaid.  The leopard is all gone but I like the plaid just as much, maybe it's the 90s child in me.
3. BP Pointy Toe Flat.  Great shape, love the two tone and the price.  So easy.
4.  Charles David Pointy Toe D'orsay Flat.  This cut is so smart and sophisticated to me, and flattering.



Booties.
Nordstrom Sale Booties, Anniverary Sale
1. Paul Green Ankle Bootie.  Great heel, love the sweetheart cut at the ankle, super flattering.  This bootie gives you edge {I really wanted to write sauce, clearly getting loopy} without trying hard, it is so effortless and easy.
2. Timberland Boot.  Don't know why but I am obsessing over these boots, clearly they fit my California lifestyle.
3. Toms Wedge Bootie.  Every time I see a woman in Toms booties, I love them.  And these black with texture adds sophistication.  They are easy to wear but not even close to boring.  And with a good cause.
4. Vince Camuto Bootie.  It comes in 4 colors but I have no green suede shoes.  What?  Perfect amount of structure and patina.  I think I would reach for these all winter long.



Boots.
Nordstrom Sale Boots
1. Vince Camuto Tall Boot.  Great detail, I like the slight angle at the top.
2. Louie et Cie Riding Boot.  Classic and sophisticated, I love the shape of the toe and the slight texture of the leather.
3. Michael Kors Rain Boot.  They just look good don't they?  and functional.



Sneakers {because I go to Disneyland a lot, and my back just isn't what it used to be.}
1. Nike Internationalist.  Love this color combo.
2. Nike Free Flyknit.  Color and Texture win.
3. Rag & Bone Slip on Sneaker.  I admit this is more than I would usually spend for a sneaker but I love the color combo and the simple effective design.
4. Vans Slim Sneaker.  If ever I was to get talked into a lace up sneaker, these are pretty darn rad.  and they zip up the back.  uh oh.


Which ones are your faves?  My list just keeps going and going.  Must narrow it down...

TGIF.
Kirsty

1 comment: