7.29.2015

Oh the what if's





I often ponder what life would be like if more tailored and structured.  

Every time the season changes I try to implement these things {which doesn't bode well for seasonless California.}  Last time around I thought themes would help me to stick with my goals.

For instance "money monday" when I pay bills,

"two-load tuesday" the day I do laundry,

and "weeeeeee wednesday"  the day we go to Disneyland.

so partly a slam dunk.  Maybe if I just had certain clothing that would trigger routines, and setting goals, and doing dishes.

Clearly my life fits better in the flowy tee category.  

But man what if!  

Doesn't this shirt scream clean and orderly?  I actually have been looking at this style shirt for a while, but it's never quite right.  First, I like the flattering boatneck of this shirt, it loosens it up a bit.  and the geometric lace.  It's a nice balance of structure without being too stiff.  Chelsea28 in particular does a wonderful job bringing fabulous vintage shapes and details into new pieces.  This skirt is a favorite.

This shirt would pair nicely with slim tailored slacks.  I like the juxtaposition of distressed denim, it's more my style.  

Stacked heels with the pronounced stripes work so well with the geometric shape of the top, while black leather gives some edge right?

and the rectangle earrings, my newest creation {available upon request - geo earrings.}     





shirt - Chelsea28, Nordstrom
jeans - 7 for all Mankind, old
shoes - Faryl Robin, old {another option}
sunglasses - Bobbi Brown, Nordstrom {different color}
lips - Nars "Cruella," Nordstrom
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry {available upon request geo earrings}

It's good to step out of our comfort zone and try new things, in fashion, and in life.  I am so often surprised and regardless of myself I grow in ways I wouldn't have guessed.

photos by Angie.  she rocks.

xo,
kirsty

2 comments:

  1. i looooooove this shirt! but i'm really loving the stepping-out-of-the-comfort-zone ;) and can we talk about that bracelet, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The bracelet is from Elva Fields Original Vintage line - great place to find vintage jewelry.

    ReplyDelete