10.25.2015

The Power of a Perfectly Oversized Sweater.


chunky sweater distressed jeans and heels

cowlneck

Not every oversized sweater is created equal.

Am I broken record here?  

The key is that the sweater still has to be flattering, you want the volume to be coming from the knit and not look like it's coming from you.  The placement of the seams and the draping of the fabric, along with the weight and knit all play a factor.

And the best way to figure this out, is to try them on.  So if you are in the market for a big wonderful wearable hug, get out (or order a bunch, most of the time it's free shipping) and wrap your brain around trying a lot of them on, figure out what works and what doesn't work for you.  It's fun. 

Don't be discouraged.  It's this same way for all of us.

This sweater was a random wonderful find from Shop Ruche, I think I paid 26$ years ago.  Sometimes you just get lucky like that.

Shop Ruche is a wonderful place to find Anthro style clothing for a lot less expensive.  There are a lot of hidden gems but you have to be willing to look and know that the quality may be less. 

My very favorite place for knits is Free People, these are a bit more spendy, this is a place I go when I am looking for something really special and unique that I will wear a lot.  Or just to torture myself.

warby parker sunglesses

fall layers and vegan heels

curly hair

kendra scott bracelet

how to style an oversized sweater
sweater - ShopRuche old
jeans - 7 for all Mankind old
shoes - Faryl Robin c/o, find here in new colors
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry
bracelets - Lucia K. Jewelry burgundy, and Kendra Scott c/o

some of my favorite oversized sweaters picks...




Wishing you Sweater Weather wherever you may be.  Photos by Angie.

xo,
Kirsty

1 comment:

  1. Complete torture going into Free People! I want one of everything! Love the color of your sweater!! That is the exact color of nail polish I've been searching for! It would be the perfect Fall color!

    ReplyDelete