11.27.2015

Shop Small Business Saturday

shop smallbusinesssaturday

A few reasons to shop small...

70% of small businesses are owned and operated by a single person.
Small businesses employs 57% of the country's private workforce and pays 44% of U.S. payroll.
60-80% of all new jobs come from small business.

{leggings by Coco On The Go}

But also, these are the places to find items handmade in our local communities, often using obsolete techniques and care, with vintage or hard to find materials by people who really care what they are presenting, it's their personal reputation and name on the product.

Now more than ever with the internet and websites such as Etsy you can find wonderful handmade, personally dreamed up, American made, unique gifts.  Plus, you can contribute to keeping someone's dream alive.  No pressure.  But what a way to make shopping and gift-giving even better!

It can be overwhelming, and usually you have to think ahead, as being handmade and owner operated most items take longer to ship.

Below, I have compiled some of my favorite small businesses below.

Finn Leather Goods.  This is my everyday work horse gets the job in a stylish only gets better with age appeal.  Sewn by hand with amazing attention to craftmanship, simple chic details and limited supply leather.  She has recently branched out from smart simple clutches and bags to include wonderful gift ideas like pacifier clips and essential oil cases.  Click below for details...



Mercy Grey Designs.  My newest obsession.  I mean she uses boho-southwestern to describe her style.  Pendleton Wool fabric fashioned into to-die-for bags and pillows using details such as chap-split leather and fringe.  I want every single bag.  And every pillow belongs on my couch.  Click below for details...



Indie Bungalow.  Need inspiration for your breezy hip lived in beach cottage?  Look here.  This is what I dream of for my bedroom.  And act quick, limited edition, often vintage fabric is used for most items.  And now she has lampshades.  Done.  Click below for details...



Kari Gran Skin
Kari Gran.  Hello Lip Whip and eco-friendly organic skin care and makeup.  And it gets better with the chic sensible packaging.  Who wouldn't love this gift?  Click here for more


Coco On the Go.  Stylish workout wear that won't coordinate with the rest of the class.  ahem.  Some are reversible even.  Every time I wear mine, people stop me to ask where they are from.  And Nicole puts her product to the test before it ever comes to market.  Click here for more.


Lucia K. Jewelry.  Well it's me.  So what do I say.  Except these are all items that I reach for everyday.  It's what I want to wear.  And I care, often too much, about the details and the quality.  Just saying.  Click below for details...



Beautulleful.  I just want to have this moment.  Where I get to wear any of these skirts anywhere - to the grocery store, a holiday gala, the Nutcracker Ballet {oh if I had one I totally would!}  Click here for more.


PaisleyWren Designs.  Darling quality headbands in wonderful colors and styles, high quality and super comfortable.  Use code "NOV15" for 15% off when you spend at least 15$.  Click below for details...



Mon Petit Chou Boutique.  What a wonderful original hostess gift, with your favorite wedge of cheese.  Or for that gardener on your list.  Click below for details...



Theo Chocolate.  Fair trade and organic chocolate made in house starting with the cocao beans using vintage european machines.  It's just rad.  And helping communities where the chocolate originates.  If you live near, or visit, Seattle, you can take a tour and taste chocolate from around the world.  Click here for more.


Petite Pig Chocolates.  One of my favorite foodies and chocolatiers is back offering her most popular chocolates for a short window during the Christmas Season.  What a wonderfully thoughtful and perfectly presented delivery to receive!  Click here for more info.




Happy Shop Small Business Saturday.  Do you have favorite small businesses?  Please share!

xo,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment