5.12.2016

more off the shoulder please, and yes you can!


When I was younger, what I would call a kid now, but at the time of course I felt so much more mature - I hated my shoulders, well more specifically my clavicle.  It sticks up kind of high, it's bony, I mean hello it is a bone.  I felt awkward and scrawny.  I would go out of my way to cover up my shoulders.

Man isn't it nice to truly grow up?  

I mean I used to straighten my hair.

Of course there are still parts of me that aren't my favorite, but now my shoulders are one of my favorite features, and my hair.  They make me, me.  Working hard not to scrutinize myself and just embrace myself is one of my goals as I enter my later 30's, there I said it!  where's the wtf emoji.  

Which is easier said than done when I've made a habit out of photographing myself and posting for the world to see.

But can we talk about this season's off the shoulder trend that is in full force.  I love it.  It is an ode to clavicles everywhere.  Although it's tricky, because the tops that are ruched, such as this one, don't particularly lend themselves well to raising your arms, giving hugs, reaching into cupboards.  It's a commitment.  And then you just tug them back down.  However, there are other options, this one stays put for instance.  Or do a dress version.  And showing a little neckline is like showing a little ankle.  It's subtley sexy.  

Right?

And the other thing - bare shoulders are age appropriate for almost any age.  Easy peasy.

The rest of the outfit - cropped flare, call it capri it you will.  I had a pair of flip-flop length flares, good in theory, but really flares and flip-flops don't really work for me.  read:  neeeed some height to balance the volume, not comfy cute flat flip-flops.  So I cut them into capris.  I love capris.  Again ankles, just a little, and totally appropriate, sex appeal.

and my shoes - they keep selling out so if you want them buy them.  And who doesn't want them.  I think they are a tame way to incorporate all these crazy high flatforms and clogs that are popping up everywhere.  They have a slightly higher heel than toe, which is so helpful if you are like me and tend to trip in true flatforms, why is that?  









shirt - Asos.
jeans - 7 for All Mankind.  old
shoes - Sole Society.
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry.
green/gold ring - Queen Anne Frame.
leaf midi ring - Gorjana.
watch - Kate Spade, Nordstrom.

some of my favorite off the shoulder pieces:



wishing you cold shoulders.

xo,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment