8.29.2016

Another Episode of Culottes.



I'm sounding like a broken record a lot lately on the blog...

comfort.
versatility.
culottes.
Love.  

It reminds me of taking a speech class in college and they video taped us giving a speech, then we had to watch it back in fast forward.  Why?  But it is effective in seeing all the gestures and tendencies that I make.  Yep, comfort and culottes, and trying to convince you all versatile pieces aren't boring.  Tendencies.  Thank goodness I can't see my blog in fast-forward.

I don't know why I'm so into culottes, but I am.  These have been an easy summer piece for me, dressing them up a bit more in this outfit with stacked heel sandals, but I have also worn them with booties, and in prep for fall.  I can add a jean jacket as the temps dip a bit, and then with a turtleneck, taking these culottes into fall fabulously.

And the tank knotted instead of tucked.  When I have high-waisted bottoms on, I like to mix up the style a bit by tying my shirt - giving just a hint of mid-riff but staying appropriate.

And as long as we are on the subject of versatility, I love these earrings.  Please mix your metals, especially if you tend to wear only gold or only silver, this is a great way to branch out.  No more rules here, gold and silver are a great combo.






tank - Bobi, Queen Anne Dispatch
culottes - Free People.  runs large, on sale here, and here.
shoes - Dolce Vita c/o.  also here
necklace (gold) - Lucia K. Jewelry
necklace (black) - Queen Anne Frame
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry
green ring - Queen Anne Frame

Happy Monday.

best,
kirsty

follow along on instagram, thekirstyfiles


No comments:

Post a Comment