8.10.2016

Chambray in the Gray.



It's true, Seattle has a lot of gray days, or grey if you fancy.  And although it's gray, it's still quite bright.  I like to think of it as cozy, a light blanket tucking us in.  

Most of the time I'm ok with this.  

So no wonder Seattle tends to lean towards cooler tones.  Someone said today that Seattle has a distinct palette - lots of greens and blues and gray, and chambray.

I spotted this chambray romper on the sale rack.  It's not my typical romper, a bit of a longer hemline, but I fell for the more sophisticated pleats and the deep v-neck.  I thought it would be great for daywear with a white tee underneath and booties for fall, or a tank and sandals while the warmer weather is around.  or supposedly around.  

A fashion pearl I heard today was that you should imagine three different ways you can style an item when pondering a purchase.  I like that.  Everyone loves flexibility and versatility right?

For this look tonight, I wore my favorite bra underneath, I love the print and I felt like it gave some sass to the outfit without being overly sexy.  And of course lace-up sandals that I can't seem to stop wearing.  My favorite way to wear my boyfriend blazer is with the sleeves rolled way up, see it also here.  Effortless yet chic?  I like to think so.  




romper - Zara.  no longer avail.
bra - Free People, Nordstrom.
blazer - BB Dakota, Queen Anne Dispatch.  also here. (and here in xs 85% off! Runs large)
belt - Anthropologie, old.
lariat necklace - Lucia K. Jewelry
zodiac sign necklace - Queen Anne Frame.
shoes - Dolce Vita c/o.  also here.
sunglasses - Tory Burch, Nordstrom.



Best,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment