9.21.2016

Sunset in an Oversized Sweater.









oversized cardigan

Because Autumn is made for blanket type clothing.  Warm and cozy layers.  Well last year I actually did wear a blanket to pick up my son from school.  It wasn't my best time.

Anyway.  Has it been awhile since I've touted my love of oversized?  It's my comfort zone.  I mean, isn't it everyone's comfort zone? 

I stumbled upon this sweater on the hottest day of the year.  Ironic right?  I have had an oversized gray sweater on my mind for quite some time, and none of them were quite right.  And the "none" was a lot.  

The trick is you have to find the oversized that is flattering.  Is that a trick?  It is possible but sometimes it takes a lot of trying to get it right.  And I'm not quite sure why this one works but it does.  Maybe its the long ribbed cuffs on the arms or the oversized collar.  

Motto - just try it on.  Instead of thinking "hmmmm I don't know if this works for me so I'm not going to try that on."

FLIP IT.

"hmmmm I don't know if this works for me so I'm going to try it on and see."  And if it doesn't, it's not the right one for you so try try again.

The rest of my outfit are old tried and trues, total comfort.  The boots add a little more attitude and polish.



sweater - Foundation Seattle.
shirt - Pure and Good, Anthropologie.  old
jeans - Vigoss, Nordstrom Rack.  old
shoes - Dolce Vita, Nordstrom. a few on sale here, here, and here.

I'm curious do you like or loathe trying clothes on?   And how about my new logo?  (thanks Ali.)

best,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment