10.17.2016

Cropped Flares for Fall


how to style cropped jeans for fall

cropped jeans and flannel

diy cropped denim

\
Doesn't it seem like cropped flares were just getting warmed up this summer.   Well I think they have major staying power for fall, and as long as the weather stays warm enough to bare a little ankle they will be in my regular rotation.  I love them with booties or work boots, and especially with this spin on a hiking boot, with a little bit of wedge in the back, that I have fallen for.  Obviously for city life not for nature.

Who cares if I'm going hiking I just really want to look the part.  Sort of.

These jeans were actually flares I have had for years, they were called flip-flop length.  Which in theory who doesn't love summers quintessential sandal, but in execution it was a very poor showing.  They were the perfect candidate to be snipped.

And I love them.

I took the hem up to a subtle point in the back.  I am also loving the hi-low hem that I have been seeing.  Have an old pair of flares in your closet?   Snip them!

So don't think of cropped denim as only a summer pant, this flattering silhouette is perfect for fall's flannels and chunky sweaters.

I also like to add gold jewelry, like these necklaces, to flannel, denim and boots.  It's sort of unexpected but I love the femininity and fanciness it adds.  I mean just in case you might have wondered if I was going hiking.  Hey, I don't have anything against hiking, for everyone else it's fantastic.


curly hair

timberland wedge boot

layered gold necklaces

 jeans - 7 for all Mankind.  old
shirt - Zara.  old
shoes - Timberland, Nordstrom.
 U necklace - Chapter, Queen Anne Frame.  also here

From low to high - all my fave crops for fall...


Do you have any favorite summer fashion trends that you are wearing into fall?  Please share!

photos by Angie.

best,
Kirsty


No comments:

Post a Comment