10.27.2016

F is for Fall and Friday and Filson.

fall style


filson's fall line

filson's women's sweater

The story behind this sweater is almost as good as the sweater itself.  

Recently Filson launched their women's line of clothing with designer Aude Tabet at the helm.  Taking their amazing legacy of function and adding a women's fit, they have created classic pieces that you will reach for year after year.  If you don't know this iconic brand, you should.  Filson's commitment to quality is so inspiring, each piece is made with such intention to wear and origin and the best materials possible.  It's hard not to fall in love.

Ok so this sweater, the wool is from a specific breed of sheep that is carefully bred to produce the finest wool.  It is so soft and cozy and supple but not the least bit scratchy as wool can often be.  I was floored.  I mean can't you clearly tell by my serious cozy faces that I am making how in love I was.  It is then woven specifically in Scotland.  

I love that this sweater can be worn in a more casual dare I say rugged way, yet just as perfectly pairs with a skirt and stacked heel boots as I have done here.  

Completely comfortable in the great outdoors or the urban jungle.  

And the color, it's hazelnut which is sort of camel with a hint of salmon, maybe terra cotta, tons of depth.  It's yummy.

camel turtleneck sweater


 sweater - Filson
skirt - Queen Anne Dispatch.  old
shoes - Kelsi Dagger c/o.  find here
necklace - Chapter, Queen Anne Frame.  also here

I had the opportunity to view the new women's line, presented by Aude Tabet herself, and tour the Filson factory.  Filson has been creating their iconic products in Seattle for over 100 years.   This is an entire post in itself - so stay tuned, I promise to share more next Friday.  For now, I just need to go to bed.

On a sidenote:  if you are ever in Seattle the Filson Flagship store is a must visit.  

check out Jenn's blog to see more from Filson's fall line.

Happy Friday.

best,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment