10.20.2017

The Formula For Taking An Oversized Sweater On A Date


oversized sweater



casual wear for women

high waisted pajama pant
Well first of all, I'm comfortable.  And wouldn't you say if you're comfortable you are your best self? 

How to take an amazing slightly oversized suuuuper soft sweater to that next level? 

1.  Pair it with a fancier pant, I chose a graphic pj pant, I almost went with silk (too rainy) or wide leg (too casual).  All a little unexpected compared to the go-to distressed denim. 

2.  Then tuck the front.  Sure, I may look back and cringe but I say for now, tuck with commitment.  Tuck tuck tuck. 

3.  A belt cinched at my natural waist.  By adding a belt, it gives definition and tones down the bulk.  I think this is key.  Really if an outfit isn't quite right, I always try it with a belt.  You should too.  And if it doesn't work, just take it off.  Or try another.  Ok?

4.  What else is making this look work?  Showing some ankle.  Either that or have a very long leg line and some tall shoes.  It creates balance.  A little wrist or ankle action keeps an outfit looking feminine.

Are you following me?

5.  Finish with a fabulous shoe.  I love the pop of color this burgundy suede adds.  And the delicate d'orsay style heel finishes my outfit.  You could also add a red lip.  I am wearing statement earrings but you could swap for a statement necklace.

Honestly this outfit is one of my very favorite favorite looks. 

Sexy doesn't have to be skin tight.  Sexy is just you doing you, in your best way, that makes you feel the best.

A note on this sweater.  Yet again, Filson has knocked it out of the park with their women's sweater lineup.  You can always count on them to find the coziest knits in classic styles with the utmost quality and attention to detail.  Knitted with lambswool shorn from Merino sheep in Geelong Australia.  How cool is that?  But my favorite part about this sweater, that got me hook, line, and sinker - is the placement of the shoulder seam, or lack there of I should say.  This detail.  Small but mighty.  For me it makes or breaks a sweater.  When there is a bulky seam half way down your bicep, that's no good.  In my opinion. 


filsons womens sweater
 
sweater - Filson c/o.  find here
pant - Numph DK, Queen Anne Dispatch
shoes - Banana Republic.  oldies
earrings - Queen Anne Frame

best,
Kirsty


2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog. This oversized sweater of yours fits you so perfectly in the pictures above, you definitely have some experience with clothing and style. Also, thank you so much for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s nice sharing! You can buy the fasion sweaters on www.20880.com . This is a special store selling all kinds of fashion clothes, fashion, new, cheap.It is the good choice of your shopping

    ReplyDelete