1.29.2018

My Guide For Wearing Socks With Heels.


This is a trend that I am sooooo excited about.  I have always loved socks with heels, yet I have rarely done it.  Until now.  I partly credit my age and season of life, but also this journey of blogging for all who want to see - I have come to realize if it brings you joy - do it.

Frankly, it doesn't matter if it's a major fashion faux pau if it's major to you.

Are fashion faux paus even still a thing?

Just to make it clear, this trend is not.  To be clear.

But a few guidelines, according to me, might be helpful.  If you are thinking socks could be cool, but nah....let me attempt to change your mind and hold your hand into this one.




(click on images above to shop)

1.  First, the sock shouldn't be too tight, squeezing the ankle/lower calf is not flattering.  The challenge of course is you want your sock to stay up - no hungry shoes.  This is why I like socks that have even just the smallest ruffle detail on the top edge.

2.  Start with a heel that you would wear tights with, this is the easiest to add socks too.  I'm not saying this is the only type of shoe that warrants a sock but it's the place to start.  The easiest look is to match your socks to your shoes giving you that "sock booty" shoe style.  I love this look but have yet to find an actual sock booty that fits the way I'd like it to.



how to style socks with heels


(click on images above to shop)


3.  Let the style of the shoe dictate the type of sock.  For instance dress shoes - dress socks.  Chunkier booties - chunkier socks.  Hip clogs - a patterned hip sock (a patterned sock works so well with this type of neutral shoes.)

clogs with socks


(click on images above to shop)

4.  You may need to put a padded grip under the ball of your foot, socks can your feet slip right out, you can also use these.  Or just stick to shoes with ankle straps.

5.  Finally, my favorite place for socks is Free People.  Many of the socks above are from their 3 for $30 sale.  What I like is the price, having seen other similar socks for much more, the styles - sweet details like metallic stitching, simple ruffles, stripes, they have gotten their sock selection right and the fit - not too thin not too thick and a nice bit of stretch to stay in place but not squeeze.

Not ready for heels?  How about switching out your typically sneakers socks or adding lace detail to your oxfords, and of course birks with socks...a few more pairings to inspire on this monday...




best
Kirsty

4 comments:

  1. Made up of high-quality organic cotton which offers a soothing feel, whereas, one can customize the socks according to a specific size. custom logo dress socks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. https://wholesalesocksbulk.com/wholesale/latex-coated-work-gloves/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks ขายส่งถุงเท้า

    ReplyDelete