2.26.2018

Never Gonna Get Over Overalls.


I have learned to very much appreciate pieces that can be worn a variety of ways for a variety of reasons.  Overalls totally fit this category.  

I haven't managed to snap a photo every time I have worn these overalls, it's a lot, but this is a good sampling none the less.  If only I had that built in photographer everywhere I went, that didn't give unnecessary unsolicited advice.  I've worn them dressed up and down, casually for a day at the shop or spiffy for a night on the town.  They are the type of item that works with just about anything which means you don't have to think about it. 

They are both comfortable and flattering, versatile yet they also make a statement - striking that wonderful balance.  

Which is also how I justified purchasing both colors.  And dare I say there is a third beachy blue wash.  Ugh.  I'm gonna watch to see if they go on sale.  Just watch....


Black on black with the comfiest turtleneck and a pop of color in my flat red boots for a day at the shop.  I added a simple gold lariat necklace to break up all the black.  Rarely do I reach for all black but I love both these pieces so much it just seemed right.



This time I dressed my overalls up for a night on the town, I love the way they work with this off the shoulder top and stacked heels.  A little bit unexpected which I also love.  Bonus - wearing an off the shoulder top with overalls means you don't have to wear a strapless bra - the overall straps hide your bra straps. 





Tassels, neckties and overalls.  Again a statement top underneath my overalls.  As long as your top isn't really long and bulky, you can pretty much put anything under these overalls.  The billowy blouse works well because it's light weight so you don't have to tuck in a lot of bulky fabric.  





On our last trip to California we snapped some family photos.  I wanted to feel effortless but more than just jeans and a tank or tee.  This was my solution.  Another bonus is all the tops that are so in right now with the more cropped hem - made for high waisted jeans, also work with these overalls. 


find overalls here in both blue and black, and a lighter wash hmmmm.  
They run large, I went down a size.  

Happy Dressing.

best,
Kirsty


No comments:

Post a Comment