10.15.2018

The Fall Transition, Let's Get Dressed.

curly hair and beret

denim skirtall and chunky sweater

Early Fall is my favorite time for fashion.  Well for sure I LOVE all things fall.  although I don't love PSL's, but I do love everything homemade pumpkin.  Seriously, the fall foliage NEVER gets old.  I swear I stop and pick up at least 5 leaves a day.  It's Simply Magnificent.

But I also love fashion remixed, which is partly why I think I love dressing during this transitional time of golden crisp days.

Think half summer, half fall.  It's a great way to change up summer pieces and make them cozier.  Skirts and shorts with sweaters.  I love the look of a big chunky sweater with shorts - denim cutoffs and booties, or a nicer paperbag waist pleated short and oxfords - this outfit sub a sweater.

Then turn that around...wool or plaid trousers and denim with simple lightweight tee's, tie a scarf around your neck.  Or add a fur vest to your tee.

Then Add a fur vest to flowy lightweight dress and some booties.

Do you have a button up dress in your closet?  wear it open kimono style with a pair of jeans.

Or a tank dress, add a turtleneck underneath, one of my favorite looks.  I used to give my bff such a hard time for wearing her turtleneck under her sweatshirt, and now I'm thinking she was actually just way ahead of her time.  Love that girl who's about to turn 40.  No Way.

then add in hats...beanies, berets, bakers caps...

I am ALL about getting more wear from what is currently in my closet, this is a great way to do it.

Take a few minutes to look in your closet and think of new combinations you could make.

Todays outfit:  one of my most coziest sweaters, I love the oversized, winter white, turtleneck and crazy softness.  So instead of waiting for winter temps I am bringing it into fall with a short skirtall.  This outfit could be worn again when the temps drop with tights and boots, but for now the sun is shining and mules are just right.

Then the finishing touches are in the accessories with more fall and summer mixing.  A simple gray beret mixed with a lovely light colored leather bag (btw this bag is the best because it is super lightweight, I hate how bags start out weighing ten pounds before I have even added anything.)

fall fashion



sweater - Not Monday c/o
denim skirtall - Numph DK c/o no longer avail.
shoes - Marc Fisher on sale & extra 20% off with code ff18
Bag - JoNat & Sus
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry (if you want a pair, email me!)

"Life begins again when it gets crisp in the fall."  I couldn't agree more.

Happy Mid October.  Oh geez, we are so not ready for Halloween!...Here's to savoring every little moment and pretty leaf.

photos by Angie.

thank you for reading,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment