11.15.2018

Our Bodies Are Built To Move

brooks running











pilates refomer machine


pilates proworks seattle

I am a firm believer in working out.  Finding what works for you and doing it.  The health benefits as I grow older are beyond measure.  The endorphin rush and stress busting is paramount.  And who doesn't want to feel good in their jeans and celebrate what our bodies are capable of?

Finding a workout you love and committing to it, whether it's with accountability from friends, listening to your favorite music, finding a place that you enjoy going to, signing up for a monthly membership and needing to get your money's worth - whatever it is that motivates you go with that and eventually it becomes a part of your daily or weekly life. 

Recently I had the opportunity to try out Pilates ProWorks Seattle with Jenn and a few other friends, a new studio in the heart of south Lake Union, a beautifully light filled space with encouraging instructors, it's an intense 45min workout that leaves you breathless and feeling strong.

If you can't tell by my facial expressions, it was a butt kicker, and a good learning experience for me, I had never used a pilates FitFormer machine before.  I was impressed, and sore the next day.  I love a workout that is low impact with high results, although I was unsure of what I was doing, I wasn't the least bit intimidated and felt at ease, albeit off-centered for sure! 

And now I know all the crazy faces I make while working hard. 


sports bra ||  leggings  ||  hoodie (pictured at top of post)  ||  shoes (also above)  ||  Jenn's leggings

Thank you to Brooks for providing kick butt workout clothes, because it's also always helpful to feel good in your workout wear.  Major shout out for these high-waisted leggings, they are my favorite.    


If you are interested in Pilates ProWorks Seattle, you can try your first class for free.  If you don't live in the Seattle area, check out their other locations here.

Photos by Sarah

Thank you for reading.

best
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment