1.15.2019

Diving In Local. 48hrs At The Washington Coast


As we begin a new year, I can't even that it's 2019.  Can't Even.  Still writing '18 on all my dates folks with no intention of changing...

But what I meant to say was as we begin a new year and I think about the intention I want to have with this gift I have been given of another year, it helps me to look back at the year past...what did I enjoy most?  and what do I want to carry forward?

Nick and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary this past November.  It always comes upon us quick, and I admit we aren't always the best at celebrating...BUT this year he secured a sitter for 48hrs and then handed me the reins.  Good husband.

We escaped to Long Beach.  Wanting something local but not TOO local aka we will inevitably end up with work on our minds if we stay near the city.  And wanting to experience something with a story and heart behind it - priorities that are near and dear to our lives - celebrating another local community, Adrift Hotel was exactly what 48hrs just the two of us called for.

The owners Tiffany and Brady's vision in their community is incredibly inspiring, what stood out to me the most was that every person we talked to that worked at the hotel, spa, distillery and restaurant had a sense of ownership and belonging with this vision.  And the vision was this, a lobby filled with bikes and board games, local hot teas and curated treats, perfectly broken in leather couches and lots of green happy plants.  The #adriftlife.  Everyone seemed like repeat guests, because they either were or the immediate welcoming feeling allowed you to be your most relaxed self, immediately.

The Adrift space is a bit of an oasis in this Washington beach town.  Everything you need is right there.  Highlights for us...massages next door at the Adrift Spa, gin tasting in the same parking lot at Adrift Distilleries with a major mention for their collaboration with Starvation Alley Organic Cranberry farm, the liqueur ALMOST made it to the starring role at Thanksgiving dinner, ahem except it never made it to dinner.  Oops.  Also the best burger and fries we have had in ages at The Shelburne Pub.  The setting sun over the Pacific Coast, walking the board walk with miles of grass surrounding you, every blade picking up the light.  A chance for Nick and I to take deep breathes, reminisce about the last 15years and dream about our next.  Plates of pickled everything and perfectly balanced cocktails, and glorious sunshine in big warm coats.














Taking time to find the local heart, escaping in small meaningful ways, is top of my 2019 priority list.  Thank you for reading and following along on my journey.

This post was done in partnership with Adrift Hotel.  They have 3 locations within the Long Beach area.  Adrift Hotel is perfect for families and pets.  The Inn at Discovery Coast is perfect for a couples getaway, an 11 suite building with sweeping views of the coast, and The Shelburne, newly restored full of rich history and character with the best burger.

Best,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment