1.22.2019

Intentionally Shopping.


Staying on my resolution theme....

This year, I want to wear outfits that bring me joy, head to toe happy - is that possible?  I'm gonna try.  This outfit is a great start.  From my hat to my heels to my handbag I love it.  I feel like I have super powers.  I totally admit fashion therapy is a thing for me.

And I want to shop with intention.  If I think about my favorite pieces from the last year, and well always, they all have great stories behind them.

Like those Marc Jacobs shoes I scored for 85% off that I crawled on my hands and knees, through a crowd, 10 weeks pregnant, to find in my size.  Wow what a cure for morning sickness.  Those stories are great.

But also the stories with heart behind the companies.  Like this beautiful handbag, the best deep eggplant color and such an easy shape, that doesn't weigh a ton to begin with, because it definitely does after I mom bag it out.  The handbag is made by Jo, I originally discovered this brand at the shop across the street from my shop, Nat & Sus, a store wonderfully curated with natural and sustainable clothing and accessories.  Jo bags are unique and simply showstoppers, made with sustainably sourced leather and dedication to minimal waste.  Love that.  Their pieces are meant only to get better with age.  Really love that.

If only we all could adopt this mantra, only getting better with age.  Wait, why haven't we??

I'm writing this on my bathroom mirror tomorrow.


Jo Handbag

wide leg cropped corduroy pants



long curly hair

brixton fisherman cap

how to style cowboy boots

shirt - Nation LTD c/o
pants - Frye on sale
boots - Frye 
handbag - Jo Handbags c/o.  find locally at Nat & Sus
necklaces available at Queen Anne Frame
hat - Brixton

Carrying forward into 2019 wearing what I love and shopping more with intention, and getting better with age - I really like this plan.  Good thing I have this blog to catalog my favorite outfits.  What are the favorite pieces in your closet and why?  I wanna know.

thank you for reading.

best
Kirsty

photos by Sarah.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Fashion Very interesting blog Thanks for a great explanation.keep up the Good work.

    Get All Essential Outdoor Gears Online

    ReplyDelete