1.24.2019

The Curl Files. 3 Ways To Improve Scalp Health.

This post is for all us ladies (and gents) who have figured out how to extend hair washing days.  When you aren’t washing but every 3...4...5...days it’s important to keep your scalp healthy.  

Scalp Health



Why does this matter?  Well the healthier your scalp the longer you can go without washing.  Improving scalp health also improves hair growth and prevents premature hair loss.

3 things I do to improve scalp health...

1.  Cutting out silicones in my hair products has made a HUGE difference in the health of my scalp, basically my head was suffocating before under the slick coating...lots of flaking and dandruff.  Bonus, cutting out silicones is just plain better for you health.  You can read more in depth about silicones in hair products in this article.

2.  Evening scalp massages are key.  You know - after I brush (and ahem floss) my teeth, wash and massage my face, then onto my hair.  Phew.  But really it doesn't have to be long and drawn out. although that does feel so nice.  Essential oils are very helpful, especially lavender at stimulating hair follicles and improving blood flow and these work for hair that is prone to get oily - you just need a drop.  I simply put a drop on my fingertips and massage at the scalp.  For those of us wishing our hair would get more oily Righteous Roots Oil and Innersense Organic Beauty Harmonic Healing Oil can be added, I usually mix the lavender with another oil.  You can read more about why I like essential oils for hair growth in this blog post.

3.  Scalp brush in the shower.  I use mine when I condition after my hair is detangled and smooth to minimize breakage.  If I try to use while shampooing there's too much resistance.  This is a great article about scalp brushing.

You can also find these items below, click on image.





Thank you for reading.  


best,






No comments:

Post a Comment