7.02.2012

pinwheels {easy DIY 4th of July decor}

this past weekend we had a BBQ for my oldest's birthday {oh my goodness he's 4!}.  my younger cousin has been in town visiting from Montana and we had a great time crafting up some decorations for our party.  being this close to the 4th of July red, white, and blue seemed appropriate.

I had found this template and tutorial on Oh Happy Day a while back and had been wanting to do make them.  finally with some extra hands we were able to do it.

I couldn't find pencils in the right colors, so I just bought some from the dollar bin at Michaels craft store and spray painted them navy.


{1.} we traced the template onto red, white, and blue paper.
{2.} cut them out, and glued the centers together.
{3.} stuck them into corkboard to let the glue dry.



{4.} once the glue was dry, we used the white push pins and stuck them into the eraser on the top of the pencils with a tiny bit of space for the pinwheel to be able to spin.  this way they would be able to twirl in the wind.  



{5.} done!  we stuck them along the path in our yard.  



I really liked how the blue, red, and white was so vibrant against the different shades of green.


and in some of my planters.



if ever we have a hot summer day - this is one of my favorite spots to stay cool.  my bench from 2BVintage nestled under the dogwood tree. 

happy monday.

best,
kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment