2.14.2013

in honor of Love day, a little love story...

A to B.


Allegra and Brendan are such a joyful full of life {and completely smitten with each other} couple.  I received this lovely surprise in my inbox this week and what a perfect day to share.


one of my very favorite custom pieces ever, I was given the honor of designing jewelry for this bride using her grandmothers' vintage beads.  as you can imagine, I was over the moon.  and perhaps shed a few tears at the love an aunt had for her niece in sharing these precious family heirlooms.  we used semi-precious crystal quartz, creamy freshwater pearls, a few Swarovski crystals, and vintage glass beads in a deep deep blue.


just as the wedding mixed traditional with a lot of fun.  vibrant blue carnations with classic white roses.  the sweetest father daughter dance.  a late night hot dog cart {my favorite thing ever, wish I had thought of this one!}  the bride's jewelry needed to as well.  mixing in sterling silver chain in draped layers along with strands of freshwater pearls gave us just the look we were looking for.

we wanted the jewelry to have some drama and sparkle, but just the right amount, letting Allegra shine the most.  not wanting to compete with the beautiful sweetheart neckline and halter of her dress we decided to stick with a large bracelet and earrings, no necklace.


congratulations A and B, thank you for letting me be a part of your love story, you're love is enveloping and contagious!

happy Valentines Day.

best,
kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment