2.13.2013

when you're stuck with a day, that's gray, and... {what i wore}

today was completely one of those quintessential gray Seattle days.  its not really rain, its a mist.  the sky runs into the clouds run into the mist until the green green grass.  {thankfully all these gray days creates the most luscious green landscape.}


so its kind of a must to own a brightly colored rain jacket.  to help with the gray mist.  an umbrella is just too much.


today I also really needed the extra details.  earrings.  these are so great because they give you a lot of impact but are super light weight.  the silvery blue-gray freshwater pearls give great detail to these hoops.  and the gold and silver detailing makes them work with everything.  necklace.  when I look down and see my Nora necklace, it makes me smile.  I love the crystals mixed with black silk.  its so classic to me.  red lipstick.


and how about those awesome striped socks underneath it all.


and 9 times out of 10 on a misty gray day you will see me in a headband/turban/hat.  to control the frizz. oh the frizz!  its kind of unstoppable.  anyone else with me?

rain coat - Daughters of the Liberation, Anthropologie
sweater - Zara
tshirt - Pure Body by Gap {fave, here's why}
leggings - H&M
boots - Hunter {sale}
turband - Anthropologie
earrings - Lucia K. Jessica
necklace - Lucia K. Nora

linking up with pleated poppy for what i wore wednesday.

happy wednesday.

best,
kirsty

6 comments:

  1. Another cute outfit! I love the turban and the raincoat. (I wish I could figure out a way to wear a turban without invoking Jimmy Hendricks! LOL!) Also the necklace lends amazing texture, interest, and depth to your all black basics. Kudos girl!

    I need to go photograph my outfit now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia I think you should rock the jimmy hendricks look!

      Delete
  2. You did a great job dressing up a basic black outfit to match the day with a little color. I'd love to see you walking down my street on a day like today to add some cheerfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair frizz, argh! I'm having it in the summer humidity in Sydney right now, it's terrible! Love the coat, great outfit :) I'm following along from WIWW :)
    Kitty
    x
    Kitty & Buck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. summer frizz is so hard! because you can't just cover it up with a hat. too hot! wouldn't it be nice to have sleek straight hair?? i think so...

      Delete