7.20.2014

triple threat



My three favorite purchases from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale just happened to go perfectly together.

sweater - I have had in my mind a red patterned sweater every since I saw this great outfit on a gal at disneyland.  So when I saw this one on the Nordstrom Sale, I was hoping it would be right.  The fit can be hard with fitted sweaters - I may opinion they can often be too tight on me in the shoulders and upper arms, it is not flattering and just adds bulk.  And why do they always put seams right in the middle of your upper arm?  Well I am so pleased with this one.  The weave of the sweater keeps it snug but not too snug and the seams are in the right spot to be flattering.  Its a great length to slightly tuck {love a mullet tuck} or to wear long with a shirt underneath over leggings.  And I am in love with the lumberjack chic pattern.  So now I just need some cooler weather...

jeans - this is my first pair of Rag & Bone jeans {mainly because they are so dang expensive}.  I would definitely recommend going up a size.  I am amazed at how tight yet flattering these jeans are, it is quite a feat getting these puppies on.  My husband even approved the backside fit, I tell you this because this is rare that he likes a skinny jean.  I love the ankle zipper which makes them so much easier to get off and fit snug all the way down, and of course the zipper detailing.  The darker wash is a bit fancier than all of the sun-bleached, distressed, destroyed denim I have been gravitating toward lately.  These are a great addition to my closet.

shoes - the best for last.  leopard and d'orsay.  and a great heel height, not too crazy tall.  These are awesome, so is the price.  I couldn't be more excited to finally add some leopard to my shoe collection.  They also come in an awesome gray leopard.  My favorite purchase of the sale.





sweater - Olive & Oak, Nordstrom
jeans - Rag & Bone, Nordstrom
shoes - Halogen, Nordstrom
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry {do you like?}
glasses - Warby Parker {great company, post coming soon}


and can I just give a shout out to the sample tube of mascara I found in my drawer as I was in a pinch and couldn't find my go to Diorshow.  Benefits They're Real, its what Jenn uses for her awesome lashes and I thought yeah great but I already love what I use.  Well it is fab, besides having to be careful of the medieval spike ball wand, which is amazing at creating lash length.  I can't even believe I may be switching it up.

photos by Angie.
happy monday!

best,
kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment