12.17.2014

that magic hour


plaid shirt

That golden hour when the sun is like a paintbrush.  Such a lovely time of the day,  and a great time for taking pictures.  Or for sitting down with a hot cup of tea.  Or a favorite cocktail.  Maybe some peppermint white chocolate covered pretzel thins for Trader Joe's.  Oh my goodness.  Lets do this!

sherpa vest


curly hair

besides starting to use Nerium, I have also recently updated my makeup and I have 3 favorites that I wanted to share...

Mascara - Benefits They're Real Mascara, I have been converted from DiorShow, which I thought wasn't possible, but I was given the sample size of this product and when I ran out of my go-to I tried it.   This mascara separates and makes my lashes so much longer and defined, it has a crazy wand on the end that can be a little tricky at first, totally worth the experiment.  The sample size would make a great stocking stuffer, or for your sugar plums.

Blush - Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Calypso Coral.  It looks very bright in the package, and a little goes a long way, it just adds a bright pop of youthful dewey color.  I use a brush and blend into my cheeks.  It also lasts all day.  I haven't tried it on my lips yet.

Lipstick - MAC Lipstick in Mac Red.  Its bright sort of orangey red, just a touch of shine but mostly matte, I think they call it velvet finish.  If you're a red girl, it's awesome!  And if you're not, next time you are near a MAC counter, or Sephora, try it out.  Ask to sample, and then walk around the store and catch glimpses of yourself in the mirror.  





rag and bone bootie
shirt - Free people {old}
sherpa vest - Sanctuary {also old}
jeans - 7 for Mankind {old too.}
boots - Rag & Bone, Nordstrom
bracelets - Guitar String, Queen Anne Dispatch.  Gold Bangle, Madewell.
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry

Hope you can take a moment to stop and enjoy the magic hours this week.  I would love to hear any makeup faves you might have, please share!

photos by Angie, linking up with pleated poppy for what i wore weds.  

best,
kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment