2.12.2015

Vintage Valentine part 1.



Following up on my post on investment pieces, my friend mentioned she had a great pair of Prada boots she had been holding onto for years, not wanting to part with them, but she was unsure how to wear them.  So I got to play dress-up in the best possible way.  

I loved the two-tone with light gray and the great shape of these boots, I think you could easily wear black tights and a little black dress.  My thought was to pair them with a rich toned burgundy, still letting the boots shine while warming up the outfit for a more casual look, but still something you could head out on the town in.  You could definitely swap the denim colored jeans for faded black to be a bit more edgy.  Something I always forget is how great contrasting colors look together.  I also mixed silver and gold jewelry together, love mixing metals, I'm digging gray and gold together right now, I just kept it going.   If you lived in a colder climate, how great would a chunky sweater in golden yellow look with this outfit.  The poncho is perfect for the cooler california evenings where we live.






tank - Anthropologie {old}
poncho - TopShop at Nordstrom
jeans - Rag & Bone, Nordstrom {old, but these are amazing and 40% off, just saying.}
boots - Prada {vintage, on loan, lucky me!}
earrings - Lucia K. Tag

If you have a great vintage piece, don't be afraid to wear it.  Keep the outfit simple and let the vintage piece shine.  These boots are a dream and I love the longer pointy toe and vintage shaped heel, I want them to be noticed.  And by mixing vintage with modern items, it creates that wonderful juxtaposition that gives someone great style, in my opinion.  A little bit unexpected, a little bit effortless.  Makes you an original.  

What do you think?

Photos by Angie.
Stay tuned for outfit number two, its my fave.

xo,
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment