9.21.2015

Fall is for Flannel

flannel shirt and skinny jeans

Hello Monday and hot coffee.

Well for part of the country at least, fall is slowly settling in, days are getting more crisp and nights are chilly, but the sun is still mostly shining.  This is the time of year when you need sun screen and an umbrella, and maybe a scarf...and flip flops...

Honestly though, fall is my very favorite season, and albeit that I am totally freezing in this mild fall weather, I am excited to welcome back my autumn friends on a more regular basis.  Really that whole conspiracy about your blood thinning, I believe it.

One of my favorite autumn pieces is flannel shirts.  They are sort of perfect for fall.

Lightweight enough to layer under sweaters and jackets, yet warm enough to ward off the chill on their own.  Awesome plaid color combinations and styles.  Crazy comfortable, dare I say pajama level.  Stylish with everything.  Hello I have on metallic oxfords and I love the combo.  

You can find flannel everywhere right now.    

lightweight flannel shirt

aviator sunglasses and curly hair

layered necklaces

fall fashion trends

how to layer gold rings

fall outfit, metallic oxfords
flannel shirt - Volcom, find here on sale
jeans - Rag & Bone, old
shoes - Matisse, similar silver,  gold or pewter
earrings - Lucia K. Jewelry
necklaces - Lucia K. Jewelry {available upon request.}
bracelet - Kendra Scott c/o, Nordstrom
rings - Gorjana, Shopbop

Check back tomorrow and the rest of the week, Jenn and I are teaming up for more flannel trends for fall.

photos by Angie. 

thank you for reading!

xo,
Kirsty

like what you see?  follow along on my instagram - thekirstyfiles, for more outfits and daily life...

No comments:

Post a Comment